As bike lovers, at Boyds we have been looking for a product that bridges the gap between our own apparel, and the kind of safety gear that you are safe to ride in. One of the most common questions we get asked is "is this jacket/pair of jeans/sweatshirt reinforced or armoured?".
Well, we have found the answer in the incredible Knox Urbane Pro Shirt. A lightweight, armoured shirt that is CE approved as a standalone “Class A” garment or can be worn under any of your favourite Boyds garms.
The Urbane Pro is the ultimate lightweight, breathable, impact and abrasion resistant shirt. It delivers freedom, comfort and protection on a motorcycle, like never before. In changing weather conditions add warm or waterproof layers over the top, knowing that the Urbane Pro is still the CORE abrasion and armour layer beneath.
Need to know:
- New Urbane Pro has been CE approved as a Class A garment under the CE standard pr-EN17092.
- Includes the most advanced and softest Knox MICRO-LOCK armour in the shoulders, elbows and back. MICRO-LOCK uses SMART technology and properties to keep the armour super soft to touch but it locks when impacted. The locking action increases the amount of impact absorbed by the back protector and reduces the energy passed through to your Back and/or Limbs.
- MICRO-LOCK Shoulders and Elbows have been selected that are low profile, super lightweight and comfortable. CE approved EN 1621-2 Level 1
- MICRO-LOCK Back protector with maximum coverage. CE approved EN 1621- 2 Level 2
- A separate MICRO-LOCK chest protector can be added as an optional extra.
- Constructed using High tenacity stretch nylon and tough breathable arrowmesh chosen for abrasion, cut and tear resistance.
- Stretch mesh panels added for flexibility and comfort.
- YKK zips throughout
- 2 exterior zipped pockets on the chest and back for secure storage
- 2 handy interior low profile pockets
- Discreet Knox branding on the chest, front hem and back
- Thumb loops for added security
- Machine Washable garment – remove armour before washing. Always read the wash carelabels